Good week for: Hot pursuit, after a man named Warren Whitelightning stole a Krispy Kreme doughnut truck and led several police cars on an 80-mph chase, leaving a trail of hundreds of donuts rolling down the streets of Madison, Wis. Whitelightning was charged with drunken driving, ramming a police car, and a host of other crimes.
Bad week for: Nervous fliers, after the Australian Transport Safety Bureau reported that more than 90 percent of airline pilots have experienced “spatial disorientation,” a phenomenon that causes them to briefly hallucinate that the plane is moving in a way that it is not, or that they are out on the wing watching themselves fly.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week