ood week for: Hot pursuit, after a man named Warren Whitelightning stole a Krispy Kreme doughnut truck and led several police cars on an 80-mph chase, leaving a trail of hundreds of donuts rolling down the streets of Madison, Wis. Whitelightning was charged with drunken driving, ramming a police car, and a host of other crimes.
Bad week for: Nervous fliers, after the Australian Transport Safety Bureau reported that more than 90 percent of airline pilots have experienced “spatial disorientation,” a phenomenon that causes them to briefly hallucinate that the plane is moving in a way that it is not, or that they are out on the wing watching themselves fly.
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- How Vanessa became Jacob
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The week's best photojournalism
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 10 things you need to know today: December 7, 2013
Subscribe to the Week