The Bottom Line
Investment group Blackstone is preparing a bid for mining giant Rio Tinto, according to a report today in Britainâ€™s Daily Telegraph.
Investment group Blackstone is preparing a bid for mining giant Rio Tinto, according to a report today in Britain’s Daily Telegraph. The Blackstone bid, in conjunction with China’s $200 billion sovereign wealth fund, would surpass BHP Billiton’s flagging $140 billion offer. Blackstone would reportedly seek to break Rio Tinto up into separate assets. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week