The Bottom Line
Investment group Blackstone is preparing a bid for mining giant Rio Tinto, according to a report today in Britainâ€™s Daily Telegraph.
Investment group Blackstone is preparing a bid for mining giant Rio Tinto, according to a report today in Britain’s Daily Telegraph. The Blackstone bid, in conjunction with China’s $200 billion sovereign wealth fund, would surpass BHP Billiton’s flagging $140 billion offer. Blackstone would reportedly seek to break Rio Tinto up into separate assets. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week