The Bottom Line
Investment group Blackstone is preparing a bid for mining giant Rio Tinto, according to a report today in Britainâ€™s Daily Telegraph.
Investment group Blackstone is preparing a bid for mining giant Rio Tinto, according to a report today in Britain’s Daily Telegraph. The Blackstone bid, in conjunction with China’s $200 billion sovereign wealth fund, would surpass BHP Billiton’s flagging $140 billion offer. Blackstone would reportedly seek to break Rio Tinto up into separate assets. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
Subscribe to the Week