The Bottom Line
Investment group Blackstone is preparing a bid for mining giant Rio Tinto, according to a report today in Britainâ€™s Daily Telegraph.
Investment group Blackstone is preparing a bid for mining giant Rio Tinto, according to a report today in Britain’s Daily Telegraph. The Blackstone bid, in conjunction with China’s $200 billion sovereign wealth fund, would surpass BHP Billiton’s flagging $140 billion offer. Blackstone would reportedly seek to break Rio Tinto up into separate assets. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
Subscribe to the Week