The Bottom Line
Investment group Blackstone is preparing a bid for mining giant Rio Tinto, according to a report today in Britainâ€™s Daily Telegraph.
Investment group Blackstone is preparing a bid for mining giant Rio Tinto, according to a report today in Britain’s Daily Telegraph. The Blackstone bid, in conjunction with China’s $200 billion sovereign wealth fund, would surpass BHP Billiton’s flagging $140 billion offer. Blackstone would reportedly seek to break Rio Tinto up into separate assets. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- In defense of family dinner
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week