The warming climate has wreaked havoc on the fashion industry, which times the release of new lines to the once-predictable changing of the seasons. After two years of delayed falls and winters, apparel companies are hiring climatologists to help them better plan the shipment of seasonal garments to stores.
The New York Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
Subscribe to the Week