The Bottom Line
The job forecast for the U.S. is looking weak for the first quarter of 2008, but the employment outlook worldwide is healthy, according to a report from Manpower Inc.
The job forecast for the U.S. is looking weak for the first quarter of 2008, but the employment outlook worldwide is healthy, according to a report today from employment services giant Manpower Inc. Italy, the Netherlands, France, Singapore, and India all face bright quarters, while Ireland is at the bottom of the survey. The survey isn’t signaling a U.S. recession. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week