The Bottom Line
The job forecast for the U.S. is looking weak for the first quarter of 2008, but the employment outlook worldwide is healthy, according to a report from Manpower Inc.
The job forecast for the U.S. is looking weak for the first quarter of 2008, but the employment outlook worldwide is healthy, according to a report today from employment services giant Manpower Inc. Italy, the Netherlands, France, Singapore, and India all face bright quarters, while Ireland is at the bottom of the survey. The survey isn’t signaling a U.S. recession. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week