The Bottom Line
The job forecast for the U.S. is looking weak for the first quarter of 2008, but the employment outlook worldwide is healthy, according to a report from Manpower Inc.
The job forecast for the U.S. is looking weak for the first quarter of 2008, but the employment outlook worldwide is healthy, according to a report today from employment services giant Manpower Inc. Italy, the Netherlands, France, Singapore, and India all face bright quarters, while Ireland is at the bottom of the survey. The survey isn’t signaling a U.S. recession. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- The wrongheaded law that's making your food less safe
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week