The Bottom Line
The job forecast for the U.S. is looking weak for the first quarter of 2008, but the employment outlook worldwide is healthy, according to a report from Manpower Inc.
The job forecast for the U.S. is looking weak for the first quarter of 2008, but the employment outlook worldwide is healthy, according to a report today from employment services giant Manpower Inc. Italy, the Netherlands, France, Singapore, and India all face bright quarters, while Ireland is at the bottom of the survey. The survey isn’t signaling a U.S. recession. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Subscribe to the Week