The Bottom Line
The job forecast for the U.S. is looking weak for the first quarter of 2008, but the employment outlook worldwide is healthy, according to a report from Manpower Inc.
The job forecast for the U.S. is looking weak for the first quarter of 2008, but the employment outlook worldwide is healthy, according to a report today from employment services giant Manpower Inc. Italy, the Netherlands, France, Singapore, and India all face bright quarters, while Ireland is at the bottom of the survey. The survey isn’t signaling a U.S. recession. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Why TheWeek.com is closing the comments section
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Could Forrest Gump have possibly survived his epic run?
Subscribe to the Week