ood week for: Human calculators, after Frenchman Alexis Lemaire, 27, correctly calculated the 13th root of a 200-digit number in his head in a world-record 70.2 seconds. The correct answer: 2,407,899,893,032,210. “I’m very proud of my brain,” said Lemaire.
Bad Week for: David Leggat of Scotland, who spent four days trapped inside a men’s bathroom. The bathroom, at a private club that had closed for the winter, was freezing cold, so Leggat, 55, kept himself alive by plunging his feet into a sink he filled with hot water. “The only thing I regret,” Leggat said after he was found, “is not getting trapped behind the bar.”
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- Step away from the ruler: Penis size studies are pretty worthless
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
Subscribe to the Week