s prison populations in the U.S. have swelled since the 1970s, so has the number of ex-cons. About 700,000 prisoners are released from state and federal prisons each year. Two out of three, studies say, will commit crimes that will land them back in jail. - U.S. News & World Report
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- How Captain America won over China
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week