Good Day, Bad Day
Winging it, Luddite matchmakers
OOD DAY FOR: Winging it, after NBC announced that the Jay Leno and Conan O’Brien shows are going back on the air Jan. 2, with or without writers. The shows aren’t saying what a writerless format might be like, if the Writers Guild strike is still ongoing, but their producers are confident the hosts will rise to the occassion. “They’re comedians,” notes Leno producer Debbie Vickers. (The New York Times, free registration required)
BAD DAY FOR: Luddite matchmakers, as online dating site Match-dot-com is launching two new services on Facebook: a “Little Black Book” feature for Facebook members looking for love, and a “Match My Friends” service for those who are hoping their friends or family members will find a special someone. Some people “just need that extra push, if you will,” said Match’s Craig Wax. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week