The Bottom Line
The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued seven separate toy recalls due to lead paint yesterday.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued seven separate toy recalls due to lead paint yesterday, encompassing more than 500,000 Chinese-made toys. The recalls included 200,000 more Thomas & Friends railway toys from RC2 Corp., the firm that started the recall wave. So far, 11 million children’s items have been recalled this year. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Here are the people who want to take a one way trip to Mars
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week