The Bottom Line
The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued seven separate toy recalls due to lead paint yesterday.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued seven separate toy recalls due to lead paint yesterday, encompassing more than 500,000 Chinese-made toys. The recalls included 200,000 more Thomas & Friends railway toys from RC2 Corp., the firm that started the recall wave. So far, 11 million children’s items have been recalled this year. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
- The slippery slope of Twitter's attempts to stop harassment against women
Subscribe to the Week