The Bottom Line
The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued seven separate toy recalls due to lead paint yesterday.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued seven separate toy recalls due to lead paint yesterday, encompassing more than 500,000 Chinese-made toys. The recalls included 200,000 more Thomas & Friends railway toys from RC2 Corp., the firm that started the recall wave. So far, 11 million children’s items have been recalled this year. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week