The Bottom Line
The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued seven separate toy recalls due to lead paint yesterday.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued seven separate toy recalls due to lead paint yesterday, encompassing more than 500,000 Chinese-made toys. The recalls included 200,000 more Thomas & Friends railway toys from RC2 Corp., the firm that started the recall wave. So far, 11 million children’s items have been recalled this year. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- The week's best photojournalism
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week