The Bottom Line
The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued seven separate toy recalls due to lead paint yesterday.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission issued seven separate toy recalls due to lead paint yesterday, encompassing more than 500,000 Chinese-made toys. The recalls included 200,000 more Thomas & Friends railway toys from RC2 Corp., the firm that started the recall wave. So far, 11 million children’s items have been recalled this year. (Los Angeles Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week