The Bottom Line
Software-on-demand provider NetSuite Inc. had a good first day of trading as a public company, as its shares rose more than 36 percent, to $35.50.
Software-on-demand provider NetSuite Inc. had a good first day of trading as a public company, as its shares rose more than 36 percent, to $35.50. The shares, early in the day, dropped below the $26-a-share price set in a Dutch auction, before recovering in the afternoon. (MarketWatch) Shares of competitor Salesforce-dot-com have risen 270 percent since that firm’s 2004 IPO. (Forbes.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- What Pope John Paul II could have learned from Sinead O'Connor
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week