The Bottom Line
Software-on-demand provider NetSuite Inc. had a good first day of trading as a public company, as its shares rose more than 36 percent, to $35.50.
Software-on-demand provider NetSuite Inc. had a good first day of trading as a public company, as its shares rose more than 36 percent, to $35.50. The shares, early in the day, dropped below the $26-a-share price set in a Dutch auction, before recovering in the afternoon. (MarketWatch) Shares of competitor Salesforce-dot-com have risen 270 percent since that firm’s 2004 IPO. (Forbes.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- How collaborative innovation led to the experimental serum for Ebola
- Half-baked genetic research is fueling the latest round of mom bashing
Subscribe to the Week