The Bottom Line
Software-on-demand provider NetSuite Inc. had a good first day of trading as a public company, as its shares rose more than 36 percent, to $35.50.
Software-on-demand provider NetSuite Inc. had a good first day of trading as a public company, as its shares rose more than 36 percent, to $35.50. The shares, early in the day, dropped below the $26-a-share price set in a Dutch auction, before recovering in the afternoon. (MarketWatch) Shares of competitor Salesforce-dot-com have risen 270 percent since that firm’s 2004 IPO. (Forbes.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- Will the Higgs Boson destroy the universe in a cosmic death bubble?
Subscribe to the Week