The Bottom Line
Software-on-demand provider NetSuite Inc. had a good first day of trading as a public company, as its shares rose more than 36 percent, to $35.50.
Software-on-demand provider NetSuite Inc. had a good first day of trading as a public company, as its shares rose more than 36 percent, to $35.50. The shares, early in the day, dropped below the $26-a-share price set in a Dutch auction, before recovering in the afternoon. (MarketWatch) Shares of competitor Salesforce-dot-com have risen 270 percent since that firm’s 2004 IPO. (Forbes.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week