The Bottom Line
Software-on-demand provider NetSuite Inc. had a good first day of trading as a public company, as its shares rose more than 36 percent, to $35.50.
Software-on-demand provider NetSuite Inc. had a good first day of trading as a public company, as its shares rose more than 36 percent, to $35.50. The shares, early in the day, dropped below the $26-a-share price set in a Dutch auction, before recovering in the afternoon. (MarketWatch) Shares of competitor Salesforce-dot-com have risen 270 percent since that firm’s 2004 IPO. (Forbes.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week