ood week for: Santa Claus, after the jolly old elf working a mall in Danbury, Conn., told police that a grown woman had climbed onto his lap and groped him.
Bad week for: Santa Claus, after the Canadian post office revealed that one of the 11,000 volunteers who respond to letters addressed to Santa Claus at the North Pole had written obscene replies to at least 10 children. “We firmly believe there is just one rogue elf out there,” said a spokeswoman.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How the Great Recession has changed the way we shop — even during the holidays
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
Subscribe to the Week