The Bottom Line
Late-night talk shows went back on the air last night, with mixed results.
Late-night talk shows went back on the air last night, with mixed results. David Letterman, who reached agreement with the striking writers’ guild, had a script and A-list celebrities, while Jay Leno and Conan O’Brien had to improvise or write their own jokes. O’Brien filled time by showing his Christmas cards and spinning his wedding ring on his desk. The writers’ strike is in its ninth week. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
Subscribe to the Week