“I don’t believe in plastic surgery,” High School Musical star Ashley Tisdale told People recently. “I really think natural is more beautiful. I am comfortable with myself.” The occasion for Tisdale’s comments was the unveiling of her newly resculpted nose, which no longer has a prominent bump. The 22-year-old actress and singer said her procedure was strictly to fix a deviated septum. A deviated septum is a common condition that requires no external shaping of the nose to correct.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Why Obama was right to give Cuba a 'full bailout'
Subscribe to the Week