“I don’t believe in plastic surgery,” High School Musical star Ashley Tisdale told People recently. “I really think natural is more beautiful. I am comfortable with myself.” The occasion for Tisdale’s comments was the unveiling of her newly resculpted nose, which no longer has a prominent bump. The 22-year-old actress and singer said her procedure was strictly to fix a deviated septum. A deviated septum is a common condition that requires no external shaping of the nose to correct.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
Subscribe to the Week