“I don’t believe in plastic surgery,” High School Musical star Ashley Tisdale told People recently. “I really think natural is more beautiful. I am comfortable with myself.” The occasion for Tisdale’s comments was the unveiling of her newly resculpted nose, which no longer has a prominent bump. The 22-year-old actress and singer said her procedure was strictly to fix a deviated septum. A deviated septum is a common condition that requires no external shaping of the nose to correct.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week