Lorraine Hunt Lieberson and Roger Vignoles
Songs by Mahler, Handel and Peter Lieberson (BBC/Wigmore Hall Live)
Hunt Lieberson, who died last year at the age of 52, stands as the “most luminous and soulful singer of our times,” said Richard Scheinin in the San Jose Mercury News. This “all-wondrous” concert, recorded in London’s Wigmore Hall, captures the mezzo-soprano’s transcendent vocals in works by canonical composers, as well as by her husband, Peter.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
Subscribe to the Week