Lorraine Hunt Lieberson and Roger Vignoles
Songs by Mahler, Handel and Peter Lieberson (BBC/Wigmore Hall Live)
Hunt Lieberson, who died last year at the age of 52, stands as the “most luminous and soulful singer of our times,” said Richard Scheinin in the San Jose Mercury News. This “all-wondrous” concert, recorded in London’s Wigmore Hall, captures the mezzo-soprano’s transcendent vocals in works by canonical composers, as well as by her husband, Peter.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week