Lorraine Hunt Lieberson and Roger Vignoles
Songs by Mahler, Handel and Peter Lieberson (BBC/Wigmore Hall Live)
Hunt Lieberson, who died last year at the age of 52, stands as the “most luminous and soulful singer of our times,” said Richard Scheinin in the San Jose Mercury News. This “all-wondrous” concert, recorded in London’s Wigmore Hall, captures the mezzo-soprano’s transcendent vocals in works by canonical composers, as well as by her husband, Peter.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week