orraine Hunt Lieberson and Roger Vignoles
Songs by Mahler, Handel and Peter Lieberson (BBC/Wigmore Hall Live)
Hunt Lieberson, who died last year at the age of 52, stands as the “most luminous and soulful singer of our times,” said Richard Scheinin in the San Jose Mercury News. This “all-wondrous” concert, recorded in London’s Wigmore Hall, captures the mezzo-soprano’s transcendent vocals in works by canonical composers, as well as by her husband, Peter.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week