In an effort to help U.S. commanders in Iraq and Afghanistan better understand and work with local populations, the Pentagon has begun . . .
In an effort to help U.S. commanders in Iraq and Afghanistan better understand and work with local populations, the Pentagon has begun embedding psychologists, anthropologists, and sociologists with military brigades. - Time
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week