An unusual winter weekend getaway
Dog-sledding in Michigan
Dog-sledding in Michigan’s wilderness
Nature’s Kennel Dog Sledding on Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, 90 miles east of Marquette, offers 50-mile amateur overnight treks that include a hearty campfire dinner. Visitors, asked to bring warm gear and “a positive attitude,” are encouraged to drive their own six-husky team and sleep in a heated tent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
Subscribe to the Week