An unusual winter weekend getaway
Dog-sledding in Michigan
Dog-sledding in Michigan’s wilderness
Nature’s Kennel Dog Sledding on Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, 90 miles east of Marquette, offers 50-mile amateur overnight treks that include a hearty campfire dinner. Visitors, asked to bring warm gear and “a positive attitude,” are encouraged to drive their own six-husky team and sleep in a heated tent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week