An unusual winter weekend getaway
Dog-sledding in Michigan
Dog-sledding in Michigan’s wilderness
Nature’s Kennel Dog Sledding on Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, 90 miles east of Marquette, offers 50-mile amateur overnight treks that include a hearty campfire dinner. Visitors, asked to bring warm gear and “a positive attitude,” are encouraged to drive their own six-husky team and sleep in a heated tent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week