An unusual winter weekend getaway
Dog-sledding in Michigan
Dog-sledding in Michigan’s wilderness
Nature’s Kennel Dog Sledding on Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, 90 miles east of Marquette, offers 50-mile amateur overnight treks that include a hearty campfire dinner. Visitors, asked to bring warm gear and “a positive attitude,” are encouraged to drive their own six-husky team and sleep in a heated tent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week