An unusual winter weekend getaway
Dog-sledding in Michigan
Dog-sledding in Michigan’s wilderness
Nature’s Kennel Dog Sledding on Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, 90 miles east of Marquette, offers 50-mile amateur overnight treks that include a hearty campfire dinner. Visitors, asked to bring warm gear and “a positive attitude,” are encouraged to drive their own six-husky team and sleep in a heated tent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
When Americans banned Christmas
- The rape culture that everyone ignores
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
Subscribe to the Week