As the poor in Africa and Asia move to cities, the population of urban slums throughout the world has grown to . . .
As the poor in Africa and Asia move to cities, the population of urban slums throughout the world has grown to 1 billion. Of the children born in 2008, one in three will be born in a slum. - The Atlantic Monthly
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week