As the poor in Africa and Asia move to cities, the population of urban slums throughout the world has grown to . . .
As the poor in Africa and Asia move to cities, the population of urban slums throughout the world has grown to 1 billion. Of the children born in 2008, one in three will be born in a slum. - The Atlantic Monthly
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week