As the poor in Africa and Asia move to cities, the population of urban slums throughout the world has grown to . . .
As the poor in Africa and Asia move to cities, the population of urban slums throughout the world has grown to 1 billion. Of the children born in 2008, one in three will be born in a slum. - The Atlantic Monthly
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 8 ways a simple notebook can change your life
Subscribe to the Week