The Bottom Line
The low-budget film “Juno” has been No. 1 at the box office for the past three days, after steadily picking up steam . . .
he low-budget film Juno has been No. 1 at the box office for the past three days, after steadily picking up steam since its Dec. 5 release. “The word of mouth has been electric,” said Gitesh Pandya, editor of the Web site BoxOfficeGuru. With $55.9 million earned so far, Juno is on track to be Fox Searchlight’s highest-grossing film ever, beating the $71.5 million pulled in by the 2004 hit Sideways as early as this weekend. (MarketWatch)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week