ood week for: Thor, after a Utah inmate sued for the right to practice the Asatru religion behind bars. To observe the Norse religion properly, Michael Polk says he needs a mead horn used for drinking wassail, a drum made of wood and boar skin, a rune staff, and a reasonable facsimile of Thor’s hammer.
Bad week for: Cabin fever, with the news that the holiday festivities among U.S. scientists and staff at isolated research stations in Antarctica got a little out of hand. A Santa Claus groped female scientists, a drunken staffer went on a wild joy ride on a four-wheel-drive vehicle, and two workers filled with holiday cheer had a punch-out resulting in a broken jaw.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- Battle in a blizzard
- The secrets of happy families
- Did God have a wife?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week