he FBI is spending $1 billion to create a computer database of faces, iris patterns, and other biometric data. When completed, the “Next Generation Identification” system could allow law enforcement officials to instantly check anyone’s picture against a list of millions of felons, fugitives, and suspected terrorists. - The Washington Post
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week