he FBI is spending $1 billion to create a computer database of faces, iris patterns, and other biometric data. When completed, the “Next Generation Identification” system could allow law enforcement officials to instantly check anyone’s picture against a list of millions of felons, fugitives, and suspected terrorists. - The Washington Post
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
Subscribe to the Week