n inmate who injured himself breaking out of a Colorado jail is suing on the grounds that guards should have done more to stop him escaping. Scott Gomez Jr. claims he was badly injured when he fell 40 feet while attempting to scale down the outside wall of the Pueblo County jail. Prison authorities, Gomez complains, “did next to nothing to ensure that the jail was secure and that the plaintiff could not escape.”
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
Subscribe to the Week