The Bottom Line
Former Brocade Communications Systems CEO Gregory Reyes Jr. was sentenced to 21 months in prison and fined $15 million for his part in a stock-option backdating scheme.
Former Brocade Communications Systems CEO Gregory Reyes Jr. was sentenced to 21 months in prison and fined $15 million for his part in a stock-option backdating scheme. Reyes was the first executive tried and sentenced in a stock backdating scandal that has touched about 200 companies. “This offense is about honesty,” said federal Judge Charles Breyer in San Francisco as he handed down the sentence. (AP in The New York Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
Subscribe to the Week