The Bottom Line
Former Brocade Communications Systems CEO Gregory Reyes Jr. was sentenced to 21 months in prison and fined $15 million for his part in a stock-option backdating scheme.
Former Brocade Communications Systems CEO Gregory Reyes Jr. was sentenced to 21 months in prison and fined $15 million for his part in a stock-option backdating scheme. Reyes was the first executive tried and sentenced in a stock backdating scandal that has touched about 200 companies. “This offense is about honesty,” said federal Judge Charles Breyer in San Francisco as he handed down the sentence. (AP in The New York Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week