Good Day, Bad Day
Shredding plastic, news judgement
GOOD DAY FOR: Shredding plastic, as Citibank is issuing credit cards to 3.5 million Macy’s customers who didn’t request them. Citi bought the accounts last year, and although it and Macy’s are calling the general-purpose MasterCards “replacement” cards, Macy’s cards could only be used in-store. (USA Today)
BAD DAY FOR: News judgment, as the federal government is suing financial news giant Bloomberg LP for sexual discrimination. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission accuses Bloomberg of demoting women after they became pregnant and took maternity leave. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week