Good Day, Bad Day
Shredding plastic, news judgement
GOOD DAY FOR: Shredding plastic, as Citibank is issuing credit cards to 3.5 million Macy’s customers who didn’t request them. Citi bought the accounts last year, and although it and Macy’s are calling the general-purpose MasterCards “replacement” cards, Macy’s cards could only be used in-store. (USA Today)
BAD DAY FOR: News judgment, as the federal government is suing financial news giant Bloomberg LP for sexual discrimination. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission accuses Bloomberg of demoting women after they became pregnant and took maternity leave. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
Subscribe to the Week