Good Day, Bad Day
Shredding plastic, news judgement
GOOD DAY FOR: Shredding plastic, as Citibank is issuing credit cards to 3.5 million Macy’s customers who didn’t request them. Citi bought the accounts last year, and although it and Macy’s are calling the general-purpose MasterCards “replacement” cards, Macy’s cards could only be used in-store. (USA Today)
BAD DAY FOR: News judgment, as the federal government is suing financial news giant Bloomberg LP for sexual discrimination. The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission accuses Bloomberg of demoting women after they became pregnant and took maternity leave. (AP in CNNMoney.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one simple thing that can make you much more impressive
Subscribe to the Week