The Bottom Line
EBay CEO Meg Whitman is planning to announce her retirement within weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported.
EBay CEO Meg Whitman is planning to announce her retirement within weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported. The president of eBay’s auction business, John Donahoe, 47, is reportedly the front-runner to succeed her. When Whitman joined eBay in 1998, she said, “No CEO should stay more than a decade in the same job.” (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 17, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
Subscribe to the Week