The Bottom Line
EBay CEO Meg Whitman is planning to announce her retirement within weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported.
EBay CEO Meg Whitman is planning to announce her retirement within weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported. The president of eBay’s auction business, John Donahoe, 47, is reportedly the front-runner to succeed her. When Whitman joined eBay in 1998, she said, “No CEO should stay more than a decade in the same job.” (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
Subscribe to the Week