The Bottom Line
EBay CEO Meg Whitman is planning to announce her retirement within weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported.
EBay CEO Meg Whitman is planning to announce her retirement within weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported. The president of eBay’s auction business, John Donahoe, 47, is reportedly the front-runner to succeed her. When Whitman joined eBay in 1998, she said, “No CEO should stay more than a decade in the same job.” (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
Subscribe to the Week