The Bottom Line
EBay CEO Meg Whitman is planning to announce her retirement within weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported.
EBay CEO Meg Whitman is planning to announce her retirement within weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported. The president of eBay’s auction business, John Donahoe, 47, is reportedly the front-runner to succeed her. When Whitman joined eBay in 1998, she said, “No CEO should stay more than a decade in the same job.” (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Poll: Twice as many Americans say sugar is more harmful than marijuana
- El Rey: Robert Rodriguez's ambitious, flawed attempt to launch 'the people's network'
Subscribe to the Week