The Bottom Line
EBay CEO Meg Whitman is planning to announce her retirement within weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported.
EBay CEO Meg Whitman is planning to announce her retirement within weeks, The Wall Street Journal reported. The president of eBay’s auction business, John Donahoe, 47, is reportedly the front-runner to succeed her. When Whitman joined eBay in 1998, she said, “No CEO should stay more than a decade in the same job.” (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week