eople for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has asked that a man awaiting trial for cannibalism be forced to become vegetarian. Christopher McCuin, 25, was arrested and charged earlier this month with killing, cooking, and partially eating his girlfriend. Now a letter from PETA Vice President Bruce Friedrich to prison officials asks that he be prevented from “contributing to any more suffering and death by placing him on a healthy, humane vegetarian diet.” The request will not be honored, prison officials say, and McCuin will “be fed like everyone else.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- How conservatives learned to hate Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week