t wasn't all bad
When a relative gave Gan Shugen of Chengdu City, China, a chicken stuffed in a thick plastic bag, its legs bound with tape, he figured it was dead and put it in his freezer. Two days later, upon opening the door, he found it was very much alive. “I heard weak sounds and when I opened the bag a head popped out,” he said. “It was still warm and when I removed the tape, she could stand.” Gan will now keep the chicken as a pet. “If she survived in a freezer for two days,” said Li Fazhi, a Chinese veterinarian, “that’s magic.”
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 10 things you need to know today: December 7, 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The hotel of enlightenment
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
Subscribe to the Week