t wasn't all bad
When a relative gave Gan Shugen of Chengdu City, China, a chicken stuffed in a thick plastic bag, its legs bound with tape, he figured it was dead and put it in his freezer. Two days later, upon opening the door, he found it was very much alive. “I heard weak sounds and when I opened the bag a head popped out,” he said. “It was still warm and when I removed the tape, she could stand.” Gan will now keep the chicken as a pet. “If she survived in a freezer for two days,” said Li Fazhi, a Chinese veterinarian, “that’s magic.”
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
Did God have a wife?
- The 2014 World Cup draw: Team U.S.A. is screwed
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
Subscribe to the Week