The Bottom Line
Countrywide CEO Angelo Mozilo, under pressure from shareholders and Congress, agreed to give up $37.5 million in severance pay, fees, and other rewards.
Countrywide CEO Angelo Mozilo, under pressure from shareholders and Congress, agreed to give up $37.5 million in severance pay, fees, and other rewards. Bank of America has agreed to buy Countrywide for $4.1 billion. Countrywide shares have plummeted in the past year, and Mozilo has drawn criticism for cashing in his company stock as the mortgage market fell. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- The end of academic freedom?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- America: Don't lose your cool over Russia's Crimean adventure
Subscribe to the Week