The Bottom Line
Countrywide CEO Angelo Mozilo, under pressure from shareholders and Congress, agreed to give up $37.5 million in severance pay, fees, and other rewards.
Countrywide CEO Angelo Mozilo, under pressure from shareholders and Congress, agreed to give up $37.5 million in severance pay, fees, and other rewards. Bank of America has agreed to buy Countrywide for $4.1 billion. Countrywide shares have plummeted in the past year, and Mozilo has drawn criticism for cashing in his company stock as the mortgage market fell. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week