The Bottom Line
Countrywide CEO Angelo Mozilo, under pressure from shareholders and Congress, agreed to give up $37.5 million in severance pay, fees, and other rewards.
Countrywide CEO Angelo Mozilo, under pressure from shareholders and Congress, agreed to give up $37.5 million in severance pay, fees, and other rewards. Bank of America has agreed to buy Countrywide for $4.1 billion. Countrywide shares have plummeted in the past year, and Mozilo has drawn criticism for cashing in his company stock as the mortgage market fell. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How to flirt, according to science
- Incheon: the next white elephant city
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week