The Bottom Line
Countrywide CEO Angelo Mozilo, under pressure from shareholders and Congress, agreed to give up $37.5 million in severance pay, fees, and other rewards.
Countrywide CEO Angelo Mozilo, under pressure from shareholders and Congress, agreed to give up $37.5 million in severance pay, fees, and other rewards. Bank of America has agreed to buy Countrywide for $4.1 billion. Countrywide shares have plummeted in the past year, and Mozilo has drawn criticism for cashing in his company stock as the mortgage market fell. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Subscribe to the Week