A Los Angeles court last week ordered Lindsay Lohan to spend two days working in a morgue as part of her community service for drunken driving and possession of cocaine. The program is designed to show her graphic evidence of the consequences of drinking and driving. “She’s gonna see bodies,” said Los Angeles County Coroner Assistant Chief Ed Winter. Lohan will also spend several hours at a hospital emergency room.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- 10 things you need to know today: August 27, 2014
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- Russia's new air force is a mystery
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
Subscribe to the Week