The Bottom Line
Yahoo! said it was ending its online music subscription service, sending its customers to RealNetworksâ€™ Rhapsody service.
Yahoo! said it was ending its online music subscription service, sending its customers to RealNetworks’ Rhapsody service. Rhapsody subscriptions cost $12.95 a month, up to twice the Yahoo! rate. Yahoo! said it would promote Rhapsody on its sites, and that the deal would be profitable for both companies. Yahoo! is moving into ad-supported music and video content. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
Subscribe to the Week