The Bottom Line
Yahoo! said it was ending its online music subscription service, sending its customers to RealNetworksâ€™ Rhapsody service.
Yahoo! said it was ending its online music subscription service, sending its customers to RealNetworks’ Rhapsody service. Rhapsody subscriptions cost $12.95 a month, up to twice the Yahoo! rate. Yahoo! said it would promote Rhapsody on its sites, and that the deal would be profitable for both companies. Yahoo! is moving into ad-supported music and video content. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week