The Bottom Line
Yahoo! said it was ending its online music subscription service, sending its customers to RealNetworksâ€™ Rhapsody service.
Yahoo! said it was ending its online music subscription service, sending its customers to RealNetworks’ Rhapsody service. Rhapsody subscriptions cost $12.95 a month, up to twice the Yahoo! rate. Yahoo! said it would promote Rhapsody on its sites, and that the deal would be profitable for both companies. Yahoo! is moving into ad-supported music and video content. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week