The Bottom Line
Yahoo! said it was ending its online music subscription service, sending its customers to RealNetworksâ€™ Rhapsody service.
Yahoo! said it was ending its online music subscription service, sending its customers to RealNetworks’ Rhapsody service. Rhapsody subscriptions cost $12.95 a month, up to twice the Yahoo! rate. Yahoo! said it would promote Rhapsody on its sites, and that the deal would be profitable for both companies. Yahoo! is moving into ad-supported music and video content. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 10 secrets of the Vatican exposed
Subscribe to the Week