The Bottom Line
Yahoo! said it was ending its online music subscription service, sending its customers to RealNetworksâ€™ Rhapsody service.
Yahoo! said it was ending its online music subscription service, sending its customers to RealNetworks’ Rhapsody service. Rhapsody subscriptions cost $12.95 a month, up to twice the Yahoo! rate. Yahoo! said it would promote Rhapsody on its sites, and that the deal would be profitable for both companies. Yahoo! is moving into ad-supported music and video content. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- California's epic drought
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week