Good Day, Bad Day
A merchant uprising, a chocolate cartel
OOD DAY FOR: A merchant uprising, after a sellers’ strike at online auction giant eBay coincided with a 3 percent drop in auction listings. It is not yet clear if the week-long strike, called to protest new fees and other policy changes at eBay, is responsible for the decline. (Fortune in CNNMoney.com)
BAD DAY FOR: A chocolate cartel, with European regulators looking into price-fixing allegations involving U.S. candymakers Mars and Hershey’s. Canada, then the U.S. and Germany, have also started price-fixing inquiries against Mars and Hershey’s, along with Nestle, Cadbury Schweppes, and others. (AP in USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week