Good Day, Bad Day
A merchant uprising, a chocolate cartel
OOD DAY FOR: A merchant uprising, after a sellers’ strike at online auction giant eBay coincided with a 3 percent drop in auction listings. It is not yet clear if the week-long strike, called to protest new fees and other policy changes at eBay, is responsible for the decline. (Fortune in CNNMoney.com)
BAD DAY FOR: A chocolate cartel, with European regulators looking into price-fixing allegations involving U.S. candymakers Mars and Hershey’s. Canada, then the U.S. and Germany, have also started price-fixing inquiries against Mars and Hershey’s, along with Nestle, Cadbury Schweppes, and others. (AP in USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week