Good Day, Bad Day
A merchant uprising, a chocolate cartel
OOD DAY FOR: A merchant uprising, after a sellers’ strike at online auction giant eBay coincided with a 3 percent drop in auction listings. It is not yet clear if the week-long strike, called to protest new fees and other policy changes at eBay, is responsible for the decline. (Fortune in CNNMoney.com)
BAD DAY FOR: A chocolate cartel, with European regulators looking into price-fixing allegations involving U.S. candymakers Mars and Hershey’s. Canada, then the U.S. and Germany, have also started price-fixing inquiries against Mars and Hershey’s, along with Nestle, Cadbury Schweppes, and others. (AP in USA Today)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- Stop hating on cyclists
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week