The Bottom Line
Microsoft reportedly has begun to prepare an aggressive proxy fight to win control of Yahoo!, after the Internet giant rejected an initial $44.6 billion offer.
Microsoft reportedly has begun to prepare an aggressive proxy fight to win control of Yahoo!, after the Internet giant rejected an initial $44.6 billion offer. Waging a campaign to replace the Yahoo! board, expected to cost $20 million to $30 million, is cheaper for Microsoft than raising its bid, which it said it wouldn’t do. (The New York Times, free registration)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week