The Bottom Line
Microsoft reportedly has begun to prepare an aggressive proxy fight to win control of Yahoo!, after the Internet giant rejected an initial $44.6 billion offer.
Microsoft reportedly has begun to prepare an aggressive proxy fight to win control of Yahoo!, after the Internet giant rejected an initial $44.6 billion offer. Waging a campaign to replace the Yahoo! board, expected to cost $20 million to $30 million, is cheaper for Microsoft than raising its bid, which it said it wouldn’t do. (The New York Times, free registration)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be charismatic, according to science
Subscribe to the Week