Eminem gets literary
Rapper Eminem, who starred in the semi-autobiographical movie '8 Mile,' is currently writing a memoir entitled 'Eminem: The Way I Am,' which will be released by Orion Books later this year. We know that Eminem is a
Rapper Eminem, who starred in the semi-autobiographical movie 8 Mile, is currently writing a memoir entitled Eminem: The Way I Am, which will be released by Orion Books later this year. In addition to the artist’s life story, the book will include personal photographs, hand-drawn sketches, lyrics, and notes from his journal. (People.com)
What the commentators said
We know that Eminem is a “has-been rapper” and a “wannabe actor,” said the blog PerezHilton.com. But now he’s trying to be an “author,” too? Maybe this book would have been hot, like, “five years ago,” but not now. Here’s an idea, though: “The audio version of the book should be narrated by Elton John!”
“Never has a person dropped off the face of the Earth faster and harder than rapper Eminem,” said the blog Bodog Beat. What the hell happened to that guy? “Perhaps his upcoming tell-all book will help clear things up.”
Considering how controversial Eminem is, said Trixy Honoré in IAfrica.com, his book just might “burst onto the literary scene.” But the question is, “how long will it take before” Eminem “gets sued” over something he lets out in his memoir?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Obama was right to give Cuba a 'full bailout'
Subscribe to the Week