It must be true ... I read it in the tabloids
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has written to Britney Spears’ parents urging them to keep their daughter away from meat and dairy products. “We have heard that Britney asked for ice cream while she was in hospital,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk wrote to Jamie and Lynne Spears. “There could, in fact, be a connection between her diet and her mental health problems.” Newkirk went on to cite “numerous reports” linking bipolar disorder to “hidden dairy sensitivities,” and schizophrenia to parasites found in undercooked meat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The rise of the global middle class is our best hope to stop climate change
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What I learned from totally unplugging and shutting up for three days
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week