t must be true ... I read it in the tabloids
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has written to Britney Spears’ parents urging them to keep their daughter away from meat and dairy products. “We have heard that Britney asked for ice cream while she was in hospital,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk wrote to Jamie and Lynne Spears. “There could, in fact, be a connection between her diet and her mental health problems.” Newkirk went on to cite “numerous reports” linking bipolar disorder to “hidden dairy sensitivities,” and schizophrenia to parasites found in undercooked meat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week