It must be true ... I read it in the tabloids
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has written to Britney Spears’ parents urging them to keep their daughter away from meat and dairy products. “We have heard that Britney asked for ice cream while she was in hospital,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk wrote to Jamie and Lynne Spears. “There could, in fact, be a connection between her diet and her mental health problems.” Newkirk went on to cite “numerous reports” linking bipolar disorder to “hidden dairy sensitivities,” and schizophrenia to parasites found in undercooked meat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- There's a raging Islamic insurgency in Thailand's strangest party town
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- New York City's police unions need to get a grip
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How one woman is standing up for India's abused husbands
- The 5 most important developments in climate change in 2014
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- The secret histories of 6 ubiquitous American foods
- 'Tis the season for archaic English
Subscribe to the Week