It must be true ... I read it in the tabloids
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals has written to Britney Spears’ parents urging them to keep their daughter away from meat and dairy products. “We have heard that Britney asked for ice cream while she was in hospital,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk wrote to Jamie and Lynne Spears. “There could, in fact, be a connection between her diet and her mental health problems.” Newkirk went on to cite “numerous reports” linking bipolar disorder to “hidden dairy sensitivities,” and schizophrenia to parasites found in undercooked meat.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week