eople magazine has struck a deal to pay Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony $6 million for the first photographs of their twins, said MSNBC.com. The magazine paid Christina Aguilera $2 million for this week’s cover photo of the singer with her newborn, Max, said Jossip.com, and $1 million for a shot of Harlow, the newborn daughter of Nicole Richie and Joel Madden. Editors said the latest round of spending is only a warm up for an eventual photo of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s next child. “I can’t even put a number on it,” said Katie Caperton, a deputy editor at OK! magazine. “That’s huge.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
Subscribe to the Week