eople magazine has struck a deal to pay Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony $6 million for the first photographs of their twins, said MSNBC.com. The magazine paid Christina Aguilera $2 million for this week’s cover photo of the singer with her newborn, Max, said Jossip.com, and $1 million for a shot of Harlow, the newborn daughter of Nicole Richie and Joel Madden. Editors said the latest round of spending is only a warm up for an eventual photo of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s next child. “I can’t even put a number on it,” said Katie Caperton, a deputy editor at OK! magazine. “That’s huge.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Daily Show's Aasif Mandvi dismantles another ObamaCare myth
Subscribe to the Week