eople magazine has struck a deal to pay Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony $6 million for the first photographs of their twins, said MSNBC.com. The magazine paid Christina Aguilera $2 million for this week’s cover photo of the singer with her newborn, Max, said Jossip.com, and $1 million for a shot of Harlow, the newborn daughter of Nicole Richie and Joel Madden. Editors said the latest round of spending is only a warm up for an eventual photo of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s next child. “I can’t even put a number on it,” said Katie Caperton, a deputy editor at OK! magazine. “That’s huge.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week