People magazine has struck a deal to pay Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony $6 million for the first photographs of their twins, said MSNBC.com. The magazine paid Christina Aguilera $2 million for this week’s cover photo of the singer with her newborn, Max, said Jossip.com, and $1 million for a shot of Harlow, the newborn daughter of Nicole Richie and Joel Madden. Editors said the latest round of spending is only a warm up for an eventual photo of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt’s next child. “I can’t even put a number on it,” said Katie Caperton, a deputy editor at OK! magazine. “That’s huge.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
Subscribe to the Week