The Internet ... Party planning sites
Evite.com may be the most popular site for organizing a social event, but it’s not the only one—or the best.
MyPunchbowl.com provides such a wide variety of party themes that it “will not only help you plan a shindig, it’ll give you an excuse to have one.” Integration of Google Maps and YouTube.com make it easy to provide directions and post video afterwards.
Skobee.com is a great way to make plans on the fly. Its “fuzzy scheduling” lets one person suggest an activity and others “chime in with date, time, and location suggestions.” You can even visually compare schedules with your friends to identify a time that works.
Socializr.com is party planning for the next generation. It can “pull info, photos, and even blogs you’ve created from MySpace, YouTube, and Facebook and use them to create a profile” for you. It can also send out invitations as text or instant messages, as well as e-mail.
Source: Consumer Report ShopSmart
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week