The Internet ... Party planning sites
Evite.com may be the most popular site for organizing a social event, but it’s not the only one—or the best.
MyPunchbowl.com provides such a wide variety of party themes that it “will not only help you plan a shindig, it’ll give you an excuse to have one.” Integration of Google Maps and YouTube.com make it easy to provide directions and post video afterwards.
Skobee.com is a great way to make plans on the fly. Its “fuzzy scheduling” lets one person suggest an activity and others “chime in with date, time, and location suggestions.” You can even visually compare schedules with your friends to identify a time that works.
Socializr.com is party planning for the next generation. It can “pull info, photos, and even blogs you’ve created from MySpace, YouTube, and Facebook and use them to create a profile” for you. It can also send out invitations as text or instant messages, as well as e-mail.
Source: Consumer Report ShopSmart
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week