The Internet ... Party planning sites
Evite.com may be the most popular site for organizing a social event, but it’s not the only one—or the best.
MyPunchbowl.com provides such a wide variety of party themes that it “will not only help you plan a shindig, it’ll give you an excuse to have one.” Integration of Google Maps and YouTube.com make it easy to provide directions and post video afterwards.
Skobee.com is a great way to make plans on the fly. Its “fuzzy scheduling” lets one person suggest an activity and others “chime in with date, time, and location suggestions.” You can even visually compare schedules with your friends to identify a time that works.
Socializr.com is party planning for the next generation. It can “pull info, photos, and even blogs you’ve created from MySpace, YouTube, and Facebook and use them to create a profile” for you. It can also send out invitations as text or instant messages, as well as e-mail.
Source: Consumer Report ShopSmart
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- 10 things you need to know today: August 29, 2014
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
Subscribe to the Week