The Internet ... Party planning sites
Evite.com may be the most popular site for organizing a social event, but it’s not the only one—or the best.
MyPunchbowl.com provides such a wide variety of party themes that it “will not only help you plan a shindig, it’ll give you an excuse to have one.” Integration of Google Maps and YouTube.com make it easy to provide directions and post video afterwards.
Skobee.com is a great way to make plans on the fly. Its “fuzzy scheduling” lets one person suggest an activity and others “chime in with date, time, and location suggestions.” You can even visually compare schedules with your friends to identify a time that works.
Socializr.com is party planning for the next generation. It can “pull info, photos, and even blogs you’ve created from MySpace, YouTube, and Facebook and use them to create a profile” for you. It can also send out invitations as text or instant messages, as well as e-mail.
Source: Consumer Report ShopSmart
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week