The bottom line
The head of sovereign wealth fund Dubai International Capital LLC said that Citigroup will need more capital from outside investors to ride out the credit crunch . . .
The head of sovereign wealth fund Dubai International Capital LLC said that Citigroup will need more capital from outside investors to ride out the credit crunch. Dubai’s neighbor, Abu Dhabi, invested $7.5 billion in Citigroup in November; Citi secured $14.5 billion two months later. “It will take a lot more than that to rescue Citi and other financial institutions,” said Dubai International CEO Sameer al-Ansari. Sovereign wealth funds have about $3.2 trillion in assets. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week