The bottom line
The head of sovereign wealth fund Dubai International Capital LLC said that Citigroup will need more capital from outside investors to ride out the credit crunch . . .
The head of sovereign wealth fund Dubai International Capital LLC said that Citigroup will need more capital from outside investors to ride out the credit crunch. Dubai’s neighbor, Abu Dhabi, invested $7.5 billion in Citigroup in November; Citi secured $14.5 billion two months later. “It will take a lot more than that to rescue Citi and other financial institutions,” said Dubai International CEO Sameer al-Ansari. Sovereign wealth funds have about $3.2 trillion in assets. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week