The bottom line
The head of sovereign wealth fund Dubai International Capital LLC said that Citigroup will need more capital from outside investors to ride out the credit crunch . . .
The head of sovereign wealth fund Dubai International Capital LLC said that Citigroup will need more capital from outside investors to ride out the credit crunch. Dubai’s neighbor, Abu Dhabi, invested $7.5 billion in Citigroup in November; Citi secured $14.5 billion two months later. “It will take a lot more than that to rescue Citi and other financial institutions,” said Dubai International CEO Sameer al-Ansari. Sovereign wealth funds have about $3.2 trillion in assets. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
Subscribe to the Week