The bottom line
The head of sovereign wealth fund Dubai International Capital LLC said that Citigroup will need more capital from outside investors to ride out the credit crunch . . .
The head of sovereign wealth fund Dubai International Capital LLC said that Citigroup will need more capital from outside investors to ride out the credit crunch. Dubai’s neighbor, Abu Dhabi, invested $7.5 billion in Citigroup in November; Citi secured $14.5 billion two months later. “It will take a lot more than that to rescue Citi and other financial institutions,” said Dubai International CEO Sameer al-Ansari. Sovereign wealth funds have about $3.2 trillion in assets. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Why TheWeek.com is closing the comments section
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Pope Francis' American problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week