The other Lohans
Dina Lohan, mother of actress Lindsay, will star in a reality-TV program on E!, the cable channel announced on Tuesday. The show will follow Dina and daughter Ali, 14, as Ali attempts to follow in her sister
Dina Lohan, mother of actress Lindsay, will star in a reality-TV program on E!, the cable channel announced on Tuesday. The show, which is tentatively titled Living Lohan and is set to air this summer, will follow Dina and daughter Ali, 14, as Ali attempts to follow in her sister’s footsteps and rise to stardom. Dina’s sons Cody and Michael—11 and 20, respectively—will also make appearances on the show. (E! Online)
What the commentators said
“If you ever wondered how Lindsay Lohan turned out to be the spoilt, messed-up potty-mouth that she is, here’s the answer,” said Ian McShane in the blog Holy Moly. This show might also serve as an informative eight-episode seminar on how to prostitute your children for fame and fortune.
Actually, this is just “another case of ‘my sibling is famous so why can’t I be famous too!’” said Kaitlin Urka in the blog EBuzzed. What’s even more frustrating is Ali and other sibling starlets such as Ashley Simpson, Haylie Duff, and Kay Panabaker prove that “good talent is being passed up so that the industry can cash in on name recognition.”
Well, the E! channel hasn’t set an airdate, so don’t get too worked up just yet, said Stuart Heritage in the blog Hecklerspray. And besides, “the title might get changed to something a little more honest, like Watch This Show About The Pointless Old Lady For Long Enough And You Might See Lindsay Lohan Acting Weird For A Couple Of Seconds.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 17 disgusting descriptions for delicious wines
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week