The bottom line
Swiss bank UBS likely sold about $24 billion worth of U.S. Alt-A mortgages at “fire sale” prices, analysts said . . .
Swiss bank UBS likely sold about $24 billion worth of U.S. Alt-A mortgages at “fire sale” prices, JPMorgan Chase analysts said. (Bloomberg) Other banks also predicted that UBS, Europe’s largest bank by assets, faced billions more in write-downs tied to risky mortgages. The reports sent UBS shares down more than 3 percent early today. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- How moderns celebrate Good Friday and Easter
Subscribe to the Week