Dozens of celebrities who attended Ashton Kutcher’s 30th birthday bash at a Manhattan nightclub several weeks ago are being urged to get vaccinated for hepatitis A. Health officials offered free shots after a bartender at Socialista was found to have the infectious liver disease. Among the 700 people who may have been exposed were Kutcher’s wife, Demi Moore; her ex-husband Bruce Willis; Gwyneth Paltrow; and Madonna. “Most people recover within a few weeks with bed rest and avoiding alcoholic beverages,” said Health Department spokeswoman Jessica Scaperotti.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week