Dozens of celebrities who attended Ashton Kutcher’s 30th birthday bash at a Manhattan nightclub several weeks ago are being urged to get vaccinated for hepatitis A. Health officials offered free shots after a bartender at Socialista was found to have the infectious liver disease. Among the 700 people who may have been exposed were Kutcher’s wife, Demi Moore; her ex-husband Bruce Willis; Gwyneth Paltrow; and Madonna. “Most people recover within a few weeks with bed rest and avoiding alcoholic beverages,” said Health Department spokeswoman Jessica Scaperotti.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week