Dozens of celebrities who attended Ashton Kutcher’s 30th birthday bash at a Manhattan nightclub several weeks ago are being urged to get vaccinated for hepatitis A. Health officials offered free shots after a bartender at Socialista was found to have the infectious liver disease. Among the 700 people who may have been exposed were Kutcher’s wife, Demi Moore; her ex-husband Bruce Willis; Gwyneth Paltrow; and Madonna. “Most people recover within a few weeks with bed rest and avoiding alcoholic beverages,” said Health Department spokeswoman Jessica Scaperotti.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week