Dozens of celebrities who attended Ashton Kutcher’s 30th birthday bash at a Manhattan nightclub several weeks ago are being urged to get vaccinated for hepatitis A. Health officials offered free shots after a bartender at Socialista was found to have the infectious liver disease. Among the 700 people who may have been exposed were Kutcher’s wife, Demi Moore; her ex-husband Bruce Willis; Gwyneth Paltrow; and Madonna. “Most people recover within a few weeks with bed rest and avoiding alcoholic beverages,” said Health Department spokeswoman Jessica Scaperotti.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What's wrong with Europe’s economy?
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
Subscribe to the Week