Dozens of celebrities who attended Ashton Kutcher’s 30th birthday bash at a Manhattan nightclub several weeks ago are being urged to get vaccinated for hepatitis A. Health officials offered free shots after a bartender at Socialista was found to have the infectious liver disease. Among the 700 people who may have been exposed were Kutcher’s wife, Demi Moore; her ex-husband Bruce Willis; Gwyneth Paltrow; and Madonna. “Most people recover within a few weeks with bed rest and avoiding alcoholic beverages,” said Health Department spokeswoman Jessica Scaperotti.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week