BAD DAY FOR: Research in Motion, after Apple updated its popular iPhone to make it more business-friendly and thus a real alternative to the BlackBerry. The enhancements include “push” email and compatibility with Microsoft’s Exchange servers. (MarketWatch) RIM responded by saying BlackBerrys will soon play music, through nascent online music service Dipdive. (Bloomberg)
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The U.S. auto bailout is officially over. Here's what America lost and gained.
- The secrets of happy families
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
Subscribe to the Week