Why the Andes truce is fragile
Fear of war in the Andes lifted after Venezuela, Colombia, and Ecuador reached a diplomatic understanding, said Jonathan Wheatley in a Financial Times blog, but "there is every chance that tensions will re-emerge soon." Colombia's strike against
Fear of war in the Andes lifted over the weekend after leaders in Venezuela, Colombia, and Ecuador reached a diplomatic truce. Colombian President
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
Subscribe to the Week