The bottom line
Hulu, the online TV and movie site launched by NBC Universal and News Corp., is opening to the general public Wednesday . . .
Hulu, the online TV and movie site launched by NBC Universal and News Corp., is opening to the general public Wednesday. The service offers more than 250 TV series and about 100 feature-length films for free viewing. The ad-supported content will also be available through partner sites such as AOL, Yahoo!, and MSN. More than half of Americans watch online video at least once a month. (Los Angeles Times, free registration)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week