Luciano Pavarotti was $24 million in debt when he died last year at age 71, according to court papers filed in an estate battle between the singer’s second wife and his children from his first marriage. Pavarotti was overdrawn at two banks and had a hefty mortgage. But he also had assets of $11 million and owned 18 costumes that he’d worn during performances, which could be auctioned for a fortune.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Incheon: the next white elephant city
Subscribe to the Week