uciano Pavarotti was $24 million in debt when he died last year at age 71, according to court papers filed in an estate battle between the singer’s second wife and his children from his first marriage. Pavarotti was overdrawn at two banks and had a hefty mortgage. But he also had assets of $11 million and owned 18 costumes that he’d worn during performances, which could be auctioned for a fortune.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- When will the Big One strike California?
Subscribe to the Week