uciano Pavarotti was $24 million in debt when he died last year at age 71, according to court papers filed in an estate battle between the singer’s second wife and his children from his first marriage. Pavarotti was overdrawn at two banks and had a hefty mortgage. But he also had assets of $11 million and owned 18 costumes that he’d worn during performances, which could be auctioned for a fortune.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week