The bottom line
Oil hit a new high of $111 a barrel yesterday, and gold traded above the psychologically significant level of $1,000 an ounce for the first time . . .
Oil hit a new high of $111 a barrel yesterday, and gold traded above the psychologically significant level of $1,000 an ounce for the first time, as investors swapped weakening dollars for commodities. (MarketWatch) The high price of oil has started trickling down more, and drivers in Maui are facing an average price of $3.93 a gallon, with some places on the island charging $4.20. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to make classic pulled pork
Subscribe to the Week