The bottom line
Oil hit a new high of $111 a barrel yesterday, and gold traded above the psychologically significant level of $1,000 an ounce for the first time . . .
Oil hit a new high of $111 a barrel yesterday, and gold traded above the psychologically significant level of $1,000 an ounce for the first time, as investors swapped weakening dollars for commodities. (MarketWatch) The high price of oil has started trickling down more, and drivers in Maui are facing an average price of $3.93 a gallon, with some places on the island charging $4.20. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- Stop hating on cyclists
Subscribe to the Week