The bottom line
Oil hit a new high of $111 a barrel yesterday, and gold traded above the psychologically significant level of $1,000 an ounce for the first time . . .
Oil hit a new high of $111 a barrel yesterday, and gold traded above the psychologically significant level of $1,000 an ounce for the first time, as investors swapped weakening dollars for commodities. (MarketWatch) The high price of oil has started trickling down more, and drivers in Maui are facing an average price of $3.93 a gallon, with some places on the island charging $4.20. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 10 things you need to know today: April 17, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
Subscribe to the Week