The bottom line
Starbucks, facing flat customer growth and slumping share prices, unveiled several changes in business . . .
Starbucks, facing flat customer growth and slumping share prices, unveiled several changes in business plan. The changes include new automatic espresso machines that allow more customer interaction; a return to custom filled, not pre-sealed, coffee bags; a new daily coffee blend; a social networking site to glean customer ideas; and new perks for Starbucks Card users. Starbucks also announced its acquisition of Coffee Equipment Co., which makes the $11,000 Clover coffee machine. (The Seattle Times)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- Why Halbig and the conservative war on ObamaCare will fail
Subscribe to the Week