Good Day, Bad Day
The bigger picture, high-flying confidence
GOOD DAY FOR: The bigger picture, as Adobe is launching a free online version of Photoshop today. Photoshop Express is the latest software franchise seeking to expand its presence among younger users who primarily work online. “This is the battlefield where Adobe and Microsoft and Google are going to fight some pretty big battles,” said analyst Kathleen Maher at Jon Peddie Research. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
BAD DAY FOR: High-flying confidence, after American Airlines grounded about 320 flights over concerns about wiring in its MD-80 aircraft. The FAA had flagged those aircraft as inadequately inspected. Delta said it was running tests on 133 related MD-90 and MD-88 planes. “This isn’t a safety issue,” said Teal Group analyst Richard Aboulafia. “But reliability is becoming a concern.” (Los Angeles Times, free registration)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
Subscribe to the Week