Good Day, Bad Day
The bigger picture, high-flying confidence
GOOD DAY FOR: The bigger picture, as Adobe is launching a free online version of Photoshop today. Photoshop Express is the latest software franchise seeking to expand its presence among younger users who primarily work online. “This is the battlefield where Adobe and Microsoft and Google are going to fight some pretty big battles,” said analyst Kathleen Maher at Jon Peddie Research. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
BAD DAY FOR: High-flying confidence, after American Airlines grounded about 320 flights over concerns about wiring in its MD-80 aircraft. The FAA had flagged those aircraft as inadequately inspected. Delta said it was running tests on 133 related MD-90 and MD-88 planes. “This isn’t a safety issue,” said Teal Group analyst Richard Aboulafia. “But reliability is becoming a concern.” (Los Angeles Times, free registration)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 8, 2014
Subscribe to the Week