Good Day, Bad Day
The bigger picture, high-flying confidence
GOOD DAY FOR: The bigger picture, as Adobe is launching a free online version of Photoshop today. Photoshop Express is the latest software franchise seeking to expand its presence among younger users who primarily work online. “This is the battlefield where Adobe and Microsoft and Google are going to fight some pretty big battles,” said analyst Kathleen Maher at Jon Peddie Research. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
BAD DAY FOR: High-flying confidence, after American Airlines grounded about 320 flights over concerns about wiring in its MD-80 aircraft. The FAA had flagged those aircraft as inadequately inspected. Delta said it was running tests on 133 related MD-90 and MD-88 planes. “This isn’t a safety issue,” said Teal Group analyst Richard Aboulafia. “But reliability is becoming a concern.” (Los Angeles Times, free registration)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
Subscribe to the Week