The Bottom Line
Clear Channel Communications said it won a ruling from a Texas judge that could help it force six banks to fund the radio operatorâ€™s buyout by two private equity firms . . .
Clear Channel Communications said it won a ruling from a Texas judge that could help it force six banks to fund the radio operator’s buyout by two private equity firms, Bain Capital Partners and Thomas H. Lee Partners. The banks had committed $22 billion in financing, and the judge said backing out would cause Clear Channel irreparable harm, the company said. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
Subscribe to the Week