The Bottom Line
Clear Channel Communications said it won a ruling from a Texas judge that could help it force six banks to fund the radio operatorâ€™s buyout by two private equity firms . . .
Clear Channel Communications said it won a ruling from a Texas judge that could help it force six banks to fund the radio operator’s buyout by two private equity firms, Bain Capital Partners and Thomas H. Lee Partners. The banks had committed $22 billion in financing, and the judge said backing out would cause Clear Channel irreparable harm, the company said. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week