The Bottom Line
Clear Channel Communications said it won a ruling from a Texas judge that could help it force six banks to fund the radio operatorâ€™s buyout by two private equity firms . . .
Clear Channel Communications said it won a ruling from a Texas judge that could help it force six banks to fund the radio operator’s buyout by two private equity firms, Bain Capital Partners and Thomas H. Lee Partners. The banks had committed $22 billion in financing, and the judge said backing out would cause Clear Channel irreparable harm, the company said. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week