The Bottom Line
Bank of America has agreed to pay Countrywide Financial president and chief operating officer David Sambol $28 million to stay on . . .
Bank of America has agreed to pay Countrywide Financial president and chief operating officer David Sambol $28 million to stay on as head of the combined firms’ consumer mortgage division. The combined $20 million signing bonus and $8 million in stock is 37 percent higher than what Bank of America CEO Kenneth Lewis earned last year. Sambol’s pay package was unveiled yesterday in an SEC filing that also valued the Countrywide merger at $4.1 billion. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week