The Bottom Line
Bank of America has agreed to pay Countrywide Financial president and chief operating officer David Sambol $28 million to stay on . . .
Bank of America has agreed to pay Countrywide Financial president and chief operating officer David Sambol $28 million to stay on as head of the combined firms’ consumer mortgage division. The combined $20 million signing bonus and $8 million in stock is 37 percent higher than what Bank of America CEO Kenneth Lewis earned last year. Sambol’s pay package was unveiled yesterday in an SEC filing that also valued the Countrywide merger at $4.1 billion. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week