The Bottom Line
Bank of America has agreed to pay Countrywide Financial president and chief operating officer David Sambol $28 million to stay on . . .
Bank of America has agreed to pay Countrywide Financial president and chief operating officer David Sambol $28 million to stay on as head of the combined firms’ consumer mortgage division. The combined $20 million signing bonus and $8 million in stock is 37 percent higher than what Bank of America CEO Kenneth Lewis earned last year. Sambol’s pay package was unveiled yesterday in an SEC filing that also valued the Countrywide merger at $4.1 billion. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why America needs more billionaires
Subscribe to the Week