The Bottom Line
Bank of America has agreed to pay Countrywide Financial president and chief operating officer David Sambol $28 million to stay on . . .
Bank of America has agreed to pay Countrywide Financial president and chief operating officer David Sambol $28 million to stay on as head of the combined firms’ consumer mortgage division. The combined $20 million signing bonus and $8 million in stock is 37 percent higher than what Bank of America CEO Kenneth Lewis earned last year. Sambol’s pay package was unveiled yesterday in an SEC filing that also valued the Countrywide merger at $4.1 billion. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week