The Bottom Line
Bank of America has agreed to pay Countrywide Financial president and chief operating officer David Sambol $28 million to stay on . . .
Bank of America has agreed to pay Countrywide Financial president and chief operating officer David Sambol $28 million to stay on as head of the combined firms’ consumer mortgage division. The combined $20 million signing bonus and $8 million in stock is 37 percent higher than what Bank of America CEO Kenneth Lewis earned last year. Sambol’s pay package was unveiled yesterday in an SEC filing that also valued the Countrywide merger at $4.1 billion. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 4 life hacks from ancient philosophers that will make you happier
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The end of academic freedom?
- The Daily Show explains Hamid Karzai's 'Afghan Hustle'
- Jimmy Fallon switches mouths with Tina Fey on The Tonight Show, and it's terrifying
Subscribe to the Week