The Bottom Line
U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alfphonso Jackson is preparing to resign . . .
U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alfphonso Jackson is preparing to resign, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing unidentified sources. HUD, which oversees the Federal Housing Administration, has been central to the Bush administration’s efforts to tackle the housing crisis. Jackson’s resignation could hinder those efforts. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Puppies take the plunge
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week