The Bottom Line
U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alfphonso Jackson is preparing to resign . . .
U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alfphonso Jackson is preparing to resign, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing unidentified sources. HUD, which oversees the Federal Housing Administration, has been central to the Bush administration’s efforts to tackle the housing crisis. Jackson’s resignation could hinder those efforts. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How Block the Boat is fighting the Israeli government — in California
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week