The Bottom Line
U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alfphonso Jackson is preparing to resign . . .
U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alfphonso Jackson is preparing to resign, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing unidentified sources. HUD, which oversees the Federal Housing Administration, has been central to the Bush administration’s efforts to tackle the housing crisis. Jackson’s resignation could hinder those efforts. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- 10 things you need to know today: March 12, 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- How rain helped the Mongols conquer Asia
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- Poll: Twice as many Americans say sugar is more harmful than marijuana
- How America's internet can become the fastest on Earth
Subscribe to the Week