The Bottom Line
U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alfphonso Jackson is preparing to resign . . .
U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alfphonso Jackson is preparing to resign, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing unidentified sources. HUD, which oversees the Federal Housing Administration, has been central to the Bush administration’s efforts to tackle the housing crisis. Jackson’s resignation could hinder those efforts. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week