The Bottom Line
U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alfphonso Jackson is preparing to resign . . .
U.S. Housing and Urban Development Secretary Alfphonso Jackson is preparing to resign, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing unidentified sources. HUD, which oversees the Federal Housing Administration, has been central to the Bush administration’s efforts to tackle the housing crisis. Jackson’s resignation could hinder those efforts. (The Wall Street Journal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week