The Bottom Line
Ohio bank National City is considering selling itself to rival regional bank KeyCorp, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Ohio bank National City is considering selling itself to rival regional bank KeyCorp, The Wall Street Journal reported. National City has been hit hard by the housing slump. If the plan comes to fruition, the combined bank would get a cash infusion from private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
Subscribe to the Week