The Bottom Line
Ohio bank National City is considering selling itself to rival regional bank KeyCorp, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Ohio bank National City is considering selling itself to rival regional bank KeyCorp, The Wall Street Journal reported. National City has been hit hard by the housing slump. If the plan comes to fruition, the combined bank would get a cash infusion from private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 simple steps for making millions on a crappy horror movie
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- For the GOP, gay marriage could be the most important issue in 2016
Subscribe to the Week