The Bottom Line
Ohio bank National City is considering selling itself to rival regional bank KeyCorp, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Ohio bank National City is considering selling itself to rival regional bank KeyCorp, The Wall Street Journal reported. National City has been hit hard by the housing slump. If the plan comes to fruition, the combined bank would get a cash infusion from private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
Subscribe to the Week