The Bottom Line
Ohio bank National City is considering selling itself to rival regional bank KeyCorp, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Ohio bank National City is considering selling itself to rival regional bank KeyCorp, The Wall Street Journal reported. National City has been hit hard by the housing slump. If the plan comes to fruition, the combined bank would get a cash infusion from private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why your employer should clean your house and do your laundry
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
Subscribe to the Week