The Bottom Line
Ohio bank National City is considering selling itself to rival regional bank KeyCorp, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Ohio bank National City is considering selling itself to rival regional bank KeyCorp, The Wall Street Journal reported. National City has been hit hard by the housing slump. If the plan comes to fruition, the combined bank would get a cash infusion from private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week